Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Taking the plunge


Being very busy, I never have time to do physical exercises. Besides, I am not really in shape to run the marathon. But I do like swimming. There has been a time when I went swimming three times a week, covering a distance of 1,000 to 1,500 meters each time. Then I dropped this healthy habit.

It's about time to shape up a bit. No, I didn't go swimming in the Water Cube (pictured). We'll reserve that for after the 2008 Beijing Olympics. An Olympic swimming pool ten minutes walk away is fine enough with me. So today I again swam a thousand meters, well, at a leisurely pace. With all the hype about the Olympics becoming ever more louder, it's the right time to do some sports again. Trimming the beer belly and lowering the blood pressure.

Now we'll have to keep a regular schedule, two times a week should be possible. Covering all those laps is also a good time to think, away from the computer screen, the newspapers and the books. And if it becomes too boring, I can always imagine crossing the Yalu River, the Yangtze or the Shatt al Arab...

No comments: